a. Listening to the story (the full Text of the story)
b. While listening:
(1). Fill out the story map.
Jack and Beanstalk
orientation events & complication resolution
(2). Reorder the sequence of the story.
- Jack took some jewels that he found in front of the giant.
- Jack's mother was very angry and threw the beans out of the window.
- The next day, there was huge beanstalk in their garden.
- Jack's mother asked him to sell the cow at the market.
- Jack started to climb down the beanstalk and used his axe to chop into it above his head.
- Jack met an old man on his way to the market and exchanged his cow for some beans with him.
- Jack saw a giant sleeping on the ground after he climbed up to the top of the beanstalk.
- The giant saw Jack, chased after him and was about to grab him.
- Jack climbed safely down the beanstalk carrying enough jewels to look after his mother and himself for the rest of his life.
- The beanstalk crashed down out of the sky carrying the giant with it and he fell to earth.