- Faber, A. & Mazlish, E. (1987). How to talk so students willlisten and listen so students will talk. American Educator. Summer,37-42.
- Gathercoal, F. (1993). Judicious Discipline. 3rd ed. SanFrancisco, CA: Caddo Gap Press.
- Johnson, L. (1992). My Posse Don't Do Homework. New York,NY: St. Martin's Press.
- Lickona, T. (1995). Class notes. Discipline and Classroom Management(EDU 538), State University of New York at Cortland.
- Lickona, T. (1993). Four strategies for fostering characterdevelopment in children. In Anita E. Woolfolk, Readings and Cases inEducational Psychology. Needham Heights, MA: Allyn & Bacon.
- Lickona, T. (1991). Educating for Character: How our Schools CanTeach Respect and Responsibility. New York, NY: Bantam.
- Woolfolk, A. E. (1993). Educational Psychology. NeedhamHeights, MA: Allyn & Bacon.