What Should You Expect?
When entering the ASL classroom, students are asked to move their chairs into a semi-circle. See picture below
The reason for this is that all students and the teacher must be able to see each other clearly in order to communicate in ASL.
|Typical Classroom Set up
|American Sign Language Classroom Set Up
What else can you expect?
- This class will be conducted in American Sign Language.
- We will use our eyes, hands, and upper body to communicate.
- No voicing will be used except for specific times in class.
- If you need clarification, please raise your hand and
ask by signing various strategies discussed in class. (*AGAIN* *DON'T
- You may also write down your questions.
- An opportunity will be given at the end of class to use
your voice if you need further explanation or have any questions that
you cannot express in sign.nguage is taught without the use of voice.