U.S. Navy and Hatwing I
- NRJ Reunion in June 2010, Sanford, Florida
- History of Hatwing I and Role in Strategic Bombing
- The Mark VI nuclear bomb, our main (only) weapon
- The Norden-Ketay CP66 mechanical analog bombing computer, including a rare picture.
- A dozen or so very special P2Vs
- All 140 AJs (plus three XAJ-1s) and what happened to some of them
- Lost Savages written off and damaged beyond repair
- Sid Siko addition to written off and damaged beyond repair
- Several accidents and incidents for which I am hoping to determine the BuNo
- November 8, 1954 crash, USS Coral Sea, VC-5
- September 8, 1956 crash, USS Coral Sea, VAH-5
- Underwater wreckage of an AJ-2 near Subic Bay, VAH-6
- A Heavy Attack Chronology of squadrons, giving dates of commissioning, moving, renaming and disestablishment
- A Calendar of deployments to Port Lyautey of the various squadrons while flying the AJ
- Lyrics of the AJ Song . . . drowned in the Hydrolube . . . better wait for the A3D!
- Jack and Mary Alice Stumpf, wedding reception photo, Sanford, January 1954
- VC-9 Roster for April 1954 to September 1954 deployment
- VC-5 Roster for September 1954 to February 1955 deployment
- Members of VC-6 in period from Mid-1952 to January 1955
- Photos of VC-5 det 31 Officers Thanksgiving 1954, USS Coral Sea
- VAH-9 Roster for December 1955 to May 1956 deployment
- VAH-5 Roster for May 1956 to October 1956 deployment
- VAH-7 Enlisted Roster, April 1957
- Savage Sons Reunion in September 1998 in celebration
of the fiftieth anniversary of commissioning
- Insignia Badges of VC-5, VAH-5, and RVAH-5
- Hoot Owl Reunion in April 1999 plus an
attempt at a comprehensive
roster of VC-9, VAH-9, and RVAH-9 personnel
- How I joined the U.S. Navy
- Personnel in
my section at OCS: Section 5, Company F, Class IX, Newport, RI,
November 1952 to March 1953
- Personnel in
my section at AGO School: Class O, Jacksonville, FL, March to May 1953
- VC-5 photos from Larry St. Onge, including one of Billie D. Patterson
- VC-5 photo from Jule F. "Jay" Merkel four retrofitted AJ-1s in formation
- Don Beauford's VC-5 photos, 1950 and 1951
- Former "Hoot Owl" Ralph Cox with BuNo 130418 at Pensacola, early 2005
- Naval Aviation News, January 1955: An article,
VC-6's HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION
- VAH-7 photos from Ed Metzger: A sequence showing BuNo 134050 coming aboard USS Essex with inflight refueling hose in trail.
- Coming attraction, not yet ready
- Photograph of an AJ-1
- A photograph of VC-5's NB/7 aboard the USS Coral Sea
- AJ-1 and AJ-2P Publicity Brochures from North American Aviation.
- A VC-8 photo from Kenneth S. Reightler, Sr., seven shipmates aboard USS Randolph ready for liberty (1955).
- An archived copy of Chuck Huber's Hatwing I site
Copyright © Kenneth Jennings Wooster
All rights are reserved.
File created: June 16, 1998.
File modified: December 26, 2002; March 2, 2003; August 7, 2003; August 11, 2003;
September 29, 2003; November 19, 2003; November 20, 2003; January 13, 2004;
February 22, 2004; April 18, 2004; April 27, 2004; May 7, 2004; 15 May 2004;
28 May 2004; July 29, 2004; February 16, 2005; June 22, 2006; August 20, 2006;
August 23, 2006; November 23, 2006; March 14, 2007; May 24, 2013.